Attempt a daring escape from an ancient planet using your trusty rocket launcher arm
and split-second reflexes.
You play as Weldon, a robot of small stature but big heart. Weldon gets captured by an evil entity called ARC. Upon capture Weldon is cast to the mechanized core of an ancient planet. Stranded on this eerie and hostile world, Weldon must stage a heroic escape in order to survive!
- Rocket Jumping: Master the physics of rocket-jumping to traverse intricate 3D environments. Connect your rockets to add momentum in any direction. There’s No speed limit, and No Jump Button!
- Seven Environments: Journey from the molten core of the planet all the way to outer space. Travel across seven vibrant worlds, through 65+ levels with epic backdrops, shifting camera angles, and unique play mechanics.
- Robo-Bosses: Face-off with seven intense boss battles for the ultimate test of your rocket-jumping skills.
- Leaderboards: Tinertia saves your best scores on global leaderboards. Compete with your friends for level times, or take on the best in the world for any game mode.
- Replay System: Every leaderboard score has a replay. Watch any run while changing the camera angle, zoom, or playback speed. Relive close calls and epic moments in slow-mo!
- Gauntlet Mode: Test your platforming skills within seed-based generated levels that run the gamut of level mechanics and difficulty
- Boss-Rush Mode: Take on each boss in Weldon’s escape with only one life to earn a spot on the leaderboards.
- Speed-Run Mode: Run a world from start to boss-battle to compete on the speed-run leaderboards.
- Tinertia hands-on: hardcore platformer, no jump button – Slash Gear
- Tinertia: Tough-Love Platforming for the Super Meat Boy Crowd – IGN
- Hands-on Preview of Tinertia the Game with No Jump Button – Entertainment Buddha
- Tinertia Preview: Blow Yourself Up – Power Leveled
- June 20th ’17 : PlayStation® 4 Launch & SteamVR Launch
- March 13th ’17 : Gauntlet Mode Update
- Jan 26th ’17 : Tinertia v2.0 Update
- Sep 03rd ’15 : Launched on Steam
- Aug 28th ’15 : PAX Prime, Booth #125
- April 03rd ’15 : #TalkingDev with Kevin Pereira on TheAttack
- Mar 02th ’15 : Indie MEGABOOTH at GDC
- Dec 06th ’14 : PlayStation Experience Booth #i75
FORUMS & INFO
For general queries & feedback checkout the discussion boards.
Tinertia is co-developed by Candescent Games, Inc and Section Studios, Inc. The Candescent team develops the code, gameplay & level design while Section leads the art direction and asset creation. The music for Tinertia is written and composed by Jeff Swingle.
Vilas Tewari : Game Programmer & CEO
BA in Computer Science 2007 from Boston University. Started off as a 3D Technical Artist doing Art Pipeline scripting, Rigging, and Skinning. Transitioned to Game Systems and Gameplay programming. Experience includes design & implementation of avatar customization systems, character physics & character AI for soccer simulation, writing shaders, Motion Capture rigging and transfer for game characters.
Paul Ferguson : Game Programmer
Dual BS in Physics and Computer Science 2007 from Rensselaer Polytechnic University. Started off as a Gameplay and Systems Programmer for 3D virtual worlds built in Unity3D. Creative and Technical Lead for Dungeon Rampage a real time multiplayer action RPG on Facebook. Managed a team of twelve and a user base of 250,000 daily unique players.
Olivia Fel : Game Designer
BS in Computer Science Real-Time Interactive Simulation 2009 from DigiPen Institute of Technology. Content Designer at ArenaNet on Guild Wars 2 for two and a half years, designing and scripting open world MMO content such as meta events Tequatl the Sunless and The Frozen Maw. Moved to Rebel Entertainment in 2012, designed and built new content and game systems for Dungeon Rampage and an unreleased strategy game titled Storm the Gates.
Cecil Kim : CCO/Creative Director
Now Creative Director at Section Studios, Cecil Kim has been working as a concept artist in the entertainment industry for past 15 years. Beginning as a storyboard artist on Parasite Eve at SquareUSA and soon after on the Final Fantasy IX team as a concept artist. Cecil joined Sony Santa Monica where he poured his soul into God of War 1, 2, 3 and Ascension for next 10 years. During his career at Sony, Cecil became a Visual Development Lead for “God of War 3″ in which he was awarded Artistic Achievement Award from British Academy of Film and Television Arts.
Jimmy Yun : CEO
Jimmy is a strategist with extensive experience in process development and project management in various industries. Prior to Section, Jimmy founded Bluecanvas, Inc., which is an artist social network, publication, and online shop that services artists and customers all over the world.
Justin Yun : CCO/Executive Producer
Justin has been working as an art director, concept artist and illustrator in the entertainment industry for the past 8 years. Justin received his BFA in Illustration from Art Center College of Design. His work has ranged from television commercials, video games, music videos and film. Justin has been involved with projects such as Thor: God of Thunder. ESPN’s Monday Night Football, The Ultimate Fighter and more.
Jeff Swingle : Music Composer
Jeff Swingle Music
BM in Music Composition 2008 from Biola University. Music composer for the TV show “The Black Dawn,” produced by New Renaissance Pictures, sound designer on the Assassins Creed Unity slots promotion, music composer for a TV commercial “Hawaii First.” Wrote the music for two unreleased games with indie studio Null Pointer Enterprises before moving to Candescent. Runs live sound for Ecclesia Hollywood. Vocals (baritone), piano and violin.
Family, Friends, and Fans
We couldn’t do it without you!
FAN VID PLAYLIST
© 2017 Candescent Games Inc & Section Studios Inc.